Sensibly Selfish Meetups
Create Your Own ‘The Art of Sensibly Selfish’ Meetup
If you are a fabulous organiser and love to connect people this post is for you. There is nothing better than actually being in the same room as other like-minded women to chat about being Sensibly Selfish. Below you will find some guidelines for creating your own local community simply without hassle.
Before you say yes, take a look at the Sensibly Selfish Values and if they align with yours, then carry on reading!
Sensibly Selfish Values
The values of Sensibly Selfish revolve around empowering individuals to prioritize their own well-being while fostering a supportive and inclusive community. Here are some core values that guide Sensibly Selfish:
1. Self-Care: Sensibly Selfish values the importance of self-care as a foundation for personal growth and fulfillment. It encourages individuals to prioritize their physical, mental, and emotional well-being, recognizing that taking care of oneself is essential to living a balanced and purposeful life.
2. Empowerment: Sensibly Selfish aims to empower individuals to take control of their lives, make intentional choices, and pursue their passions and goals. It emphasizes the importance of self-belief, confidence, and self-empowerment to create positive change and achieve personal success.
3. Authenticity: Sensibly Selfish values authenticity and encourages individuals to embrace their true selves. It promotes the idea that being true to oneself and expressing one's unique qualities, passions, and values is vital for personal fulfillment and genuine connections.
4. Community: Sensibly Selfish fosters a supportive and inclusive community where individuals can connect, share experiences, and learn from one another. It recognizes the power of community in providing encouragement, inspiration, and accountability on the journey of personal growth and self-discovery.
5. Balance: Sensibly Selfish believes in the importance of finding balance in life. It encourages individuals to prioritize self-care, personal aspirations, and meaningful relationships while maintaining a healthy life balance. Striving for balance helps create a sustainable and fulfilling lifestyle.
6. Growth Mindset: Sensibly Selfish embraces a growth mindset, emphasizing the belief that personal growth is a lifelong journey. It encourages individuals to embrace challenges, learn from setbacks, and continuously seek opportunities for self-improvement and self-development.
7. Gratitude: Sensibly Selfish promotes a practice of gratitude, recognizing the transformative power of appreciation and mindfulness. It encourages individuals to cultivate gratitude for the present moment, their achievements, and the support of others, fostering a positive and abundant mindset.
The values above guide the Sensibly Selfish community in creating a space where individuals can prioritize their own well-being, pursue their passions, and support one another on the journey of personal growth and self-discovery.
Meeting in Person
We know that there is nothing better than being in the same room. Below are some of the concepts and logistics you need to have in mind as a ‘The Art of Sensibly Selfish’ organizer.
1. Purpose and Vision
- The purpose and vision of ‘The Art of Sensibly Selfish’ meetups are to provide a supportive space for personal growth, foster connections, and empower women to prioritize their well-being. Each meetup begins by using the FREE e-book ‘The Art of Sensibly Selfish’ and the accompanying journal as the foundation to aid each other to begin the process of finding their true selves.
2. The Established Format
- Decide on the format for your meetups, whether it's a casual gathering, a structured workshop, or a combination of both. Determine the frequency and duration of the meetups to ensure consistency and manage expectations. It is recommended to begin by meeting for an hour once a week, over a seven-week period. Any future events and meetups would be at the group's own discretion.
3. Selecting a Venue:
- Research and identify suitable venues for the meetups. Consider factors such as location, ambience, seating capacity, time of day and any additional amenities required. Look for venues that align with the values and atmosphere of ‘The Art of Sensibly Selfish’.
4. Your Communication Platform:
- Establish a communication platform to connect and engage with the meetup participants. Creating a Whatsapp group, or an email list is recommended. Share updates, event details, and resources to keep the community informed and involved.
5. Brand Identity:
- It is not possible for “The Art of Sensibly Selfish’ meetups to use the distinctive brand identity of the Sensibly Selfish website. Instead, create your own simple local meetup logo, and use it on any of your communication. Consistency with your own logo will help build your own group's recognition and foster a sense of belonging.
6. Content and Activities:
- Use the content and activities found in ‘The Art of Sensibly Selfish’ and the accompanying Journal. Any guest speakers, further workshops, discussions, or interactive exercises not found on the Sensibly Selfish website are not endorsed. (See the disclaimer below).
7. Guidelines and Code of Conduct:
Read the content of this blog post to help you understand the guidelines. Create a Code of conduct to ensure a safe and inclusive environment for all participants. Clearly communicate expectations regarding respect, confidentiality, and inclusivity. This helps create a positive and supportive atmosphere for everyone involved.
8. Promote and Market the Meetups:
- Create a marketing strategy to promote your own ‘The Art of Sensibly Selfish’ meetups. Utilize various channels, such as social media, local communities, women-focused organizations, and relevant online platforms. Encourage participants to share their experiences and invite others to join.
9. Facilitate Networking and Connection:
- Implement strategies to facilitate networking and connection among the meetup attendees. Encourage introductions, and create opportunities for participants to share their stories, challenges, and aspirations. Foster a sense of community and support. Think about the size of your meeting. Will you need to create break-out sessions, limit the number of attendees or ask for help?
10. Gather Feedback and Evolve:
- Continuously seek feedback from the participants to understand their needs and improve the meetup experience. Regularly assess the impact of ‘The Art of Sensibly Selfish’ meetups and make necessary adjustments to enhance the value and relevance of the community.
By creating these foundational elements, women can establish their own ‘The Art of Sensibly Selfish’ meetups, fostering a community that supports personal growth, empowerment, and the prioritization of well-being among its members.
[Your Name/Organization Name] is the organizer of the meetups hosted under the name "The Art of Sensibly Selfish."
Please read the following disclaimer carefully before organising or participating in any ‘The Art of Sensibly Selfish’ meetup.
1. Organization Responsibility:
[Your Name/Organization Name] is solely responsible for organizing and facilitating ‘The Art of Sensibly Selfish’ meetups. The website ‘Sensibly Selfish’ is not responsible for the content, activities, or management of these meetups.
2. Assumption of Risk:
By participating in ‘The Art of Sensibly Selfish’ meetups, you acknowledge and understand that any activities, discussions, or interactions conducted during the meetups are undertaken at your own risk. You accept full responsibility for your actions and decisions during the event.
3. Personal Responsibility:
You are responsible for your own well-being, including physical, mental, and emotional aspects. It is your responsibility to assess the suitability of the meetup activities, content, and discussions based on your personal needs and circumstances.
4. Independent Relationships:
‘The Art of Sensibly Selfish’ meetups do not establish any professional or client relationships. Any advice, opinions, or suggestions provided by participants or facilitators during the meetups should not be considered professional advice and should not replace consultation with relevant professionals.
5. Compliance with Laws and Guidelines:
Participants are expected to comply with all applicable laws, regulations, and guidelines during ‘The Art of Sensibly Selfish’ meetups. You agree to conduct yourself in a respectful and lawful manner towards other participants, facilitators, and the venue.
6. Disclaimer of Liability:
[Your Name/Organization Name] and the website "Sensibly Selfish" shall not be held liable for any damages, injuries, losses, or claims arising from your participation in ‘The Art of Sensibly Selfish’ meetups. This includes but is not limited to any direct, indirect, incidental, special, or consequential damages.
7. External Links and Resources:
‘The Art of Sensibly Selfish’ meetups may lead to the provision of links or references to external websites, resources, or third-party services. [Your Name/Organization Name] and the website "Sensibly Selfish" do not endorse or assume any responsibility for the content, accuracy, or availability of these external resources.
By participating in ‘The Art of Sensibly Selfish’ meetups, you signify your understanding and acceptance of the above disclaimer. If you do not agree with any part of this disclaimer, please refrain from participating in the meetups.
Please retain a copy of this disclaimer for your records.
[Your Name/Organization Name]
Enjoy the process and feel free to reach out with your personal stories of success OR if you have any questions related to this post.